JCE Hitachi & Tokyo
In association with Tauranga City and Hitachi City Council’s Sister City activities…
- Dates: Wednesday 2nd October to Sunday 13th October 2019
- Program duration: 11 nights 12 days
- Location: Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture, & Tokyo City, Japan
- Age: Open to students Year 9 to 13
Included in the above fees are:
- Transport from Tauranga to Auckland International Airportl
- 6 nights homestay with a Japanese family in Hitachi City
- Hitachi City sighseeing
- Japanese public school experience
- Hitachi Senior Technical High School experience
- Hitachi factory museum
- Hitachi City Cultural day
- 3 nights in Tokyo City Central Youth Hostel
- Visit a well known NZ company operating in Tokyo and hear their story
- Tokyo Sightseeing (incl kaminarimon, Sensouji temple, Sky tree and more)
- All transport on buses, trains in and around Tokyo
- Day pass to Tokyo Disneyland
- All meals except lunch in Disneyland
- Fully escorted by a Japanese Speaking leader from Let’s Homestay
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Return Flight on to Japan.
- Transport back to Tauranga from Auckland International Airport
Not included in the fees are:
- lunch in Disneyland
- Personal Spending Money
All costs are subject to change without notice due to tariff rises and currency fluctuations until paid in full. $500 non refundable deposit per person is required at time of application. Other cancellation charges will apply as we get closer to the departure date. Note: refund in full if the program is cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
|$500 deposit||On application|
|Info Pack I||Sent to you after applications close|
|Balance of Program fees due||7th July 2019 (an invoice will be sent to you)|
|Info pack II||Sent to you in July|
|Tauranga Departure||Wednesday 2nd October 2019|
|Depart for Japan||Thursday 3rd October 2019|
|Depart Japan||Saturday 12th October 2019|
|Return home to Auckland||Sunday 13th October 2019|
Program Key Points
- Application and Participants
The program is open to New Zealand student in year 9 to 13. Students must interested in Japan and have a willingness to accept another culture. Japanese language is not necessary. Applicant numbers are limited and minimum numbers are required for the program to go ahead.
Participants will either meet in Tauranga and transfer to the holiday Inn Auckland Airport Hotel or meet at the hotel direct
The group will fly Air New Zealand non-stop to Narita International Airport, Tokyo
- Japan Arrival
The group will arrive to Narita International Airport and transfer by bus to Hitachi City. The group’s first nights accommodation is in the Hitachi City Youth Center.
- The Homestay
Experience a 5 nights homestay with a Hitachi City family.
- Japanese Culture
Enjoy the day in Hitachi, visit local museum, science hall and planetarium. Try traditional tea ceremony and try on a kimono with the ladies from the Kiwi-Hitachi group.
- Hitachi City Mayor Visit
The group will meet with the Mayor of Hitachi City,
- Junior High School experience
Visit a public Junior High school in Hitachi City. You will experience first hand what a Japanese school is like and enjoy a Japanese kyushoku (school Lunch).
- Hitachi Technical High School
Visit the unique Hitachi Technical High School known as ” Nissenko”. Exchange with students and make a simple item. Visit the Company’s history museum and also the modern factory.
- Hitachi Departure and Tokyo
The group will leave their hosts and head for Tokyo by the Super Hitachi train. That afternoon visit Harajuku shopping streets and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building viewing floor. Accommodation will be in the Tokyo Central Youth Hostel
- Visit a NZ business in Tokyo
Visit a NZ company in operating in Tokyo and hear how they got there and how they are adapting
- Tokyo Disneyland
A full day in Tokyo Disneyland, one of the world’s best theme parks. See Tokyo Disneyland website
- Tokyo Discovery
Visit some places of interest including Tokyo’s newest tower Sky Tree, Asakusa’s Sensoji Temple, Kaminarimon and the Nakamise shopping street.
- Transfer to Narita Airport
Enjoy a relaxing morning in Tokyo. After lunch travel to Narita International Airport by train. Check in for the NZ bound flight departing at 6:30pm that evening.
- Arrive in Auckland
After clearing customs in Auckland the group will arrive in Auckland International Airport and bus back to Tauranga.
- Group Escort
A Japanese speaking guide from Lets Homestay will escort the group to and from Japan and be in charge of the group throughout the program. During the time in Hitachi City the group will also be under the care of the Hitachi City Office.
- Handling and Support
The program is being handled by Lets Homestay, Tauranga. All Homestay and Cultural arrangements are provided by the Hitachi City Office.
Lets Homestay Contact Details:
Tel: (07) 543 3220
Mobile: 027 294 3144