JCE Hitachi & Tokyo
In association with Tauranga City and Hitachi City Council’s Sister City activities…
- Dates: Wednesday 23 September to Sunday 4th October 2020
- Program duration: 11 nights 12 days
- Location: Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture, & Tokyo City, Japan
- Age: Open to students Year 9 to 13
Included in the above fees are:
- Transport from Tauranga to Auckland International Airport
- 6 nights homestay with a Japanese family in Hitachi City
- Hitachi City sighseeing
- Japanese Junior High school experience
- Hitachi Senior Technical High School Visit and Kendo expeerience
- Hitachi City Cultural day
- 3 nights in Tokyo City Central Youth Hostel
- Tokyo Sightseeing (incl Harajyuku, Shibuya, Asakusa Sensouji Temple, Sky tree etc.)
- All transport on buses, trains in and around Tokyo
- Day pass to Tokyo Disneyland
- All meals except lunch in Disneyland
- Fully escorted by a Japanese Speaking leader from Let’s Homestay
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Return Flight on to Japan.
- Transport back to Tauranga from Auckland International Airport
Not included in the fees are:
- lunch in Disneyland
- Personal Spending Money
Program cancelled for 2020 🙂
|$500 deposit||On application|
|Info Pack I||Sent to you after applications close|
|Balance of Program fees due||Monday 6th July 2020 (an invoice will be sent to you)|
|Info pack II||Sent to you in July|
|NZ Departure Date||Wednesday 23rd September 2020|
|Japan Departure Date||Saturday 3rd October 2020|
|NZ Arrival Date||Sunday 4th October 2020|
Program Key Points
- Application and Participants
The program is open to New Zealand student in year 9 to 13. Students must be interested in Japan and have a willingness to accept another culture. Japanese language is not necessary. Applicant numbers are limited and minimum numbers are required for the program to go ahead.
- NZ Departure
Participants will meet at Lets Homestay office in Tauranga and depart for Auckland Airport as a group.
The group will fly with Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong) to Japan and return to NZ on Air NZ direct flight. Please note that the flights may change due to availability.
- Japan Arrival
The group will arrive at Narita International Airport and transfer by bus to Hitachi City.
- The Homestay
Experience a 6 nights homestay with a Hitachi City family.
- Japanese Culture
Enjoy the day in Hitachi, visit local museum, science hall and planetarium. Try traditional tea ceremony and try on a kimono with the ladies from the Kiwi-Hitachi group.
- Hitachi City Mayor Visit
The group will meet with the Mayor of Hitachi City.
- Junior High School experience
Visit a public Junior High school in Hitachi City. You will experience first hand what a Japanese school is like and enjoy a Japanese kyushoku (School Lunch).
- Nissenko Hitachi Senior Technical High School
Visit the unique Hitachi Senior Technical High School known as ” Nissenko”. Nissenko has been visiting Tauranga on a school trip since 2004 and has a long lasting relationship with people in Tauranga. You will experience a traditional Japanese martial art “Kendo” and make a simple item.
- Hitachi Departure and Tokyo
The group will leave their hosts and head for Tokyo by the Super Hitachi Express Train. That afternoon visit Tokyo icons – Harajuku shopping streets and Shibuya Scramble Crossing. Accommodation will be in the Tokyo Central Youth Hostel
- Tokyo Disneyland
A full day in Tokyo Disneyland, one of the world’s best theme parks. See Tokyo Disneyland website
- Tokyo Discovery
Visit some places of interest including Tokyo Edo Museum, the world’s tallest tower Sky Tree, Asakusa’s Sensoji Temple, Kaminarimon and the Nakamise shopping street.
- Transfer to Narita Airport
Enjoy a relaxing morning in Tokyo. After lunch travel to Narita International Airport by train. Check in for the NZ bound flight departing that evening.
- Arrive in Auckland
After clearing customs in Auckland the group will arrive in Auckland International Airport and bus back to Tauranga.
- Group Escort
A Japanese speaking guide from Lets Homestay will escort the group to and from Japan and be in charge of the group throughout the program. During the time in Hitachi City the group will also be under the care of the Hitachi City Office.
- Handling and Support
The program is being handled by Lets Homestay, Tauranga. All Homestay and Cultural arrangements are provided by the Hitachi City Office.
Lets Homestay Contact Details:
Tel: (07) 543 3220
Mobile: 027 294 3144